Each child on an Account requires an enrollment contract to ensure accurate tuition charges and attendance schedules are properly handled within Kangarootime. The account will not be considered active until an enrollment contract is created; one caveat to this is that future contracts (i.e. contracts that have a start date after today) will not be considered active until the start date arrives.
To Create an Enrollment Contract
- Select Families
- Select Accounts
- Select the Family Profile to create an Enrollment Contract for
- Select Enrollment from the account page
- Select + New Contract
- Complete the required fields as indicated with a red *
- Select Save
Completing an Enrollment Contract
You will be required to complete the following fields on your contract:
- Billing Cycle: for the first contract you create on each account, you'll need to select a billing cycle for the family. This is the frequency by which the family is billed.
- Start Date: select the first date you would like to record the child's attendance and generate their billing in Kangarootime.
- End Date: this is not required, though it is helpful to include an end date if you will be creating a future contract for aging up, for alternate programs (e.g. summer care), or for ending care (e.g. Kindergarten).
- Billed Fee: this is the rate that you're going to bill the family for this child. If you select a session rate, the bill will calculate that session rate x the number of days the child attends. If you select a flat rate, the flat rate will either be charged regardless of attendance (single flat rate), or based on the number of days enrolled (number of days)
- Frequency: refers to scheduling frequency, and you are telling the system when the child is schedule to come in for care.
- Weekly = they attend some (or all) days of the week, on a recurring weekly basis.
- Bi-Weekly = they have an alternating schedule on weeks 1 and 2. E.g. child comes in M-W on week 1, and Th-F on week 2.
- Custom = the child comes in on a more sporadic schedule throughout the month - meaning they may be scheduled to come on the 1st, 15th, and 23rd of the month. There is no rhyme or rhythm. Note that you will need to update these schedules monthly!
- Casual = they receive drop-in care. They do not come in on any set schedule, rather, the parent will inquire with the center (or use our drop-in scheduling feature) regarding days they'd like to receive care for this child, as needed.
- Standard Fee: this feature allows centers to track different rates between families who might pay different tuition amounts (e.g. tuition fee 1, tuition fee 2).
- Casual Drop Off: if you're using the drop-in feature for this child (e.g. child is scheduled M-W, but might drop in on an occasional Thursday), select the daily rate you'd like to charge for when this child does drop-in & a session is created.
For more information on making changes to existing contracts, please see our article on How to Edit an Existing Contract.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.