By using Education Notes, your Teachers have the ability to share the education standards that they have been putting to practice with parents. This article provides the steps to log and share education notes with parents from the Point of Care tablet app.
Note: in order for Teachers to tie education standards to their notes for parents, the education settings in Kangarootime must be configured. See Education Configuration steps to configure education settings in Kangarootime.
How to create & share education notes in Point of Care:
- Select your classroom
- From the right navigation, select the graduation cap icon. You can expand your right navigation and find this labeled as Education
- Provide your experience with a name (e.g. Passing Toys)
- Provide your experience with a description
- Provide a subject (if applicable)
- Add in the outcomes associated with this experience.
- Note that you will need to select the set of standards first (e.g. Georgia Early Learning Developmental Standards)
- The age range should default correctly to match your class age
- The Domains are commonly referred to as Learning Standards. Select a standard, then a Strand of that standard
- Select the associated Outcome/Milestone/Achievement associated with that Standard
- Hit Save
- Finally, tag the children associated with this note by tapping their icon, and hit Save to complete your education note.
- Once saved, education notes will display in the activity feed within KT Connect for parents to view
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.