For businesses that rely on GL codes for ease of reporting and tracking transactions by key categories, Kangarootime offers the GL Management feature. The feature ensures GL codes are easily configured and applied throughout the system. This article provides the steps needed to configure and apply GL codes across Kangarootime.
How to Configure GL Codes
- Click Billing from the left-hand navigation menu
- Click Settings
- Click GL CODES
- Select + Add GL Code, complete the required fields
- Please note that GL Codes can be associated to one type or many type. For example, a GL Code used for overpayment could be associated to the reason type and custom type.
- GL Codes once entered can be edited in name and code, but the type will not be available to edit.
- The type definitions are below:
- Fee = tuition
- Discount = discounts
- Agency = third party payments from Agencies and Subsidy providers
- Payment Surcharge = CC and ACH processing fees
- System Transaction = default transactions available in Kangarootime
- Reason Transaction Type = adjustments
- Customer Transaction Type = business or center specific transactions created by a user
- Click Save
- Select GL Code Assignments
- Select the GL category (e.g., Fee, Discount, Agency)
- Toggle Unlinked Only to Yes (This displays all transactions within a category that have not been assigned a GL code)
- Check the box of the transaction to assign a GL code to
- Select the code from the drop-down menu in the top right corner
- Click Apply GL Code
- Click GL Code Settings
- Toggle settings to Yes to ensure GL codes are stamped to reports and to make GL codes mandatory in all categories
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.