The Manage Closure feature provides a means to close a center's individual class or center closure. The closure feature changes a center's attendance record and may affect billing charges. Centers may mark all scheduled children absent for the closed class date(s). Alternatively, a center may select to clear (remove) a class' attendance bookings for a specific date(s).
Clearing the bookings will prompt an automatic reversal of billing charges to a family's account (see Billing Information.) Additionally, closing a Center's class(es) will remove a parent's ability to use the Drop-in Childcare feature for the closure day(s) selected.
Adding a Closure date(s) to a Class and or Center
- Select Attendance
- Select Attendance/Bookings
- Select the Manage Closures button located above the Overview Attendance table
- Select the Center associated with the classes that will close
- Select the Classes to close drop-down menu
- Select the All Classes button to close all center classes
- Select a class(es) button(s) for individual class closures
- Select the Time Range drop-down menu
- Select Single to close a center for a one day
- Select Multiple to close a center for more than one day
- Enter a Close Start Date
- Enter a Close End Date for multiple days (if applicable)
- Select either Mark Students Absent or the Clear Bookings button
- Mark Students Absent - The attendance record will display children as Absent
- Clear Bookings - Children will be removed from the daily attendance record(s), and billing charges for the day(s) are automatically reversed
- Select the Save button
- Type the word "confirm" in the text prompted box
- Select the Confirm button to save
Reopening a class
A class that has been closed, can be reopened, however, the attendance action (mark students absent or clear bookings) will remain.
- For students marked absent, the absence field will need to be cleared for each child expected to attend
- Students whose bookings have been cleared will need to be re-added either by the parent via Drop-In Care booking or by the center via the Add Session button, for each day/session that needs to be re-added
- Marking Students as Absent: Selecting the Mark Students Absent button when entering closure date(s) will show students as absent in the attendance screen on the selected date(s). Families will be charged for the closure date(s) when the Mark Students Absent button is utilized
- Clear Bookings: Selecting the Clear Bookings button when entering closure date(s) will remove children from the attendance screen on the selected date(s). Depending on the center fee type and billing cycle settings, clearing class bookings will prompt an automatic reversal of billing charges to a family's account
- Session Rate Fee Type: Clearing/closing class dates in a current, advanced, or arrears billing cycle entered before an itemized bill is sent, will remove the session(s) from the attendance screen and the family will not be billed for the dates closed. Date(s) entered after itemized bills are sent, will remove the child(ren) from the attendance screen and charges will automatically be reversed. The reversal credits will be reflected in the next itemized bill
- Flat Rate Fee Type: Depending on the center closure dates and billing cycles, flat rate fee types may not generate an automatic reversal of billing charges. The closure dates must fall under an account's full billing cycle and the class attendance must be cleared before itemized bills are generated. Centers whose closure dates do not follow an account's billing cycle and the attendance screen is not cleared before itemized bills have been generated, may choose to issue a transaction credit, or apply a Discount to a Family’s account
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.