In Kangarootime, contacts are broken down into two types - Primary Contacts, and Authorized Contacts. This article walks through how to set a contact type when adding a contact to an account, as well as changing contact types for existing contacts in an account.
These are the main point of contact for the account. Primary contacts are granted full authority over the account, including responsibilities for account balance, managing authorized contacts, and engagement activity (such as daily activities and photos for all children on the account).
The first contact entered on all new Accounts is the Primary Contact. Additional Primary Contacts are created by following the steps below.
How to make a contact primary:
1. From the account profile page select Contacts, then Add Contact
2. Select Primary Contact, then fill out their information and hit Continue
This should be anyone on the account who is not a primary contact. They can have billing, pick up, and engagement permissions selected, which are individually set for each child. You can also add an adult, such as a grandparent, who does not have any special permissions but should still be on the account for emergency purposes.
How to make a contact authorized:
1. From the account profile select Contacts, then Add Contact
2. Select Authorized Contact, then fill out their information and hit Continue
3. On the next page, you will be prompted to provide relationship type, pick up permissions, billing permissions, and engagement permissions (which includes daily notes, activity, and photos)
How to change a contact type on existing contacts:
1. From account profile, click on Contacts
2. In the Primary Contacts section, click on the three dotted circle to change a Primary Contact's permissions
3. In the Contacts section just below, click on the three dotted circle to change an Authorized Contact's permissions
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.