So. Many. Updates. Plus, Student Messaging is here! Get excited!
We have a couple of fixes from the re-enrollment space this week.
- When an enrollment form isn't configured to show the Billing Cycle as a Required field, it wasn't getting set, and meant some customers weren't getting billed correctly. To support this better, we recommend setting the Default Billing Cycle Template for your center to ensure billing can run as expected, which you can do in your Center Profile on the Billing tab. The system will then set customer accounts to have the center's default Billing Cycle template, even if one isn't set on the enrollment form.
- When enrolling a new child for an existing account, the enrollment form PDF wasn't being generated or emailed. It is now emailed to the parent, and is also available to view in the account's Documents tab.
We also had a fix that went out in Kiosk v. 1.3.16 - parents were sometimes getting a "number not found" error when they shouldn't. They should no longer get that error! Unless, of course, they put in the wrong number.
We've also got a whole host of improvements in the world of enrollment.
- You can now choose to save a blank copy of your enrollment form as a PDF via the new Print Form option in the actions (three dots) menu of the form in question!
- If you're using the Program Flow type, wording in the automated inquiry email has been confusing parents - even if they had clicked Accept but not completed the enrollment form, there was a chance that some were still expecting they were enrolled and could show up to the center. We've tidied up that wording to make it more clear that they had finished the first step, but still needed to complete the enrollment form and have it reviewed before they were confirmed to start.
- If you're using the Program Flow type, you'll notice a new "In Progress" tab where you can see families with inquiries that are - you guessed it - in progress, and the enrollment form hasn't been completed.
Kiosk v. 1.3.16 also contains an improvement - auto center affiliation for staff! Meaning, if a staff member clocks in at a new center in their business that they are not yet affiliated to, Kangarootime will automatically generate a new affiliation for them. This will be automatically tied to whatever position they hold at their primary center. You can always go in and change that under employment details on the web if the position is different.
Additionally, manual parent payments will no longer be subject to the flagging rules set for center initiated/automated payments. Center initiated payments will continue to be flagged as normal.
Last but not least, you now can set your own dishonor fee amount from the Billing > Settings > Surcharges screen! When the toggle is switched to Yes, a modal will appear to enter an amount. When saved, it will now generate that amount for the fee transaction moving forward. If you would like to change the amount, you can toggle it off and then on again to adjust the value.
Student messaging is a way for families to communicate with the staff that are caring for their child. It comes in three parts: KT Connect (parents), Point of Care (classroom staff), and web (admin overview). If you'd like instructions for how to turn it on as well as some more information, follow this link for an in-app walkthrough.
Enroll Additional Children During Re-Enrollment
For folks trialling Re-enrollments features, your families will love having the ability to add and enroll additional children to through their KT Connect app. From the menu, they can head to Manage Enrollments > Create New Enrollment and follow their nose to the Select Children screen where they can tap "Add another child" and they're on their way.
If you're sending out enrollment requests from the Management > Families screen, families will also be able to add new children via the web enrollment screens in a very similar manner.
Enrolling at a new center or enrolling a new child will now always require an enrollment form to be completed. Kangarootime's enrollment system will automatically take care of requesting that from families so you don't have to lift a finger.
If these spark your interest but you're not yet using Kangarootime's re-enrollment features, reach out to your KT contact to get early access.
Note: Sometimes the features in our release notes are not visible to everyone. If you want to learn more or if you don’t see some of the above features but believe you should, please reach out to your KT contact personally or to the KT team.