Student Messaging is a communication feature for parents/guardians to communicate with classroom staff. Using Kangarootime’s KT Connect and Point of Care applications, parents may send messages to their child's current care provider. Administrators may view the communication between parents and classroom staff as well as send a message to a parent/guardian.
Please note: The Student Messaging feature is center-based, owners/administrators may select which centers they wish to allow this form of communication.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not have the Engagement Feature button.
How to Set Student Messaging Engagement Permissions
Step 1: Set a center's permission
- Select Engagement
- Select Settings
- Locate the Global Center Settings table
- Select the Student Messaging toggle to the ON position OR
- Locate the Centers table
- Select the individual Centers Student Messaging toggle to the ON position
Once a business has enabled the Student Messaging feature, center employees will require permission to view and respond to the messages in Point of Care and/or desktop web applications.
Step 2: How to Set Roles and Permissions for Employees using Student Messaging
- Select Configuration
- Select Roles and Permissions
- Locate the Role of the employee requiring permission
- Select View
- Scroll to the Messaging Section
- Select the Read-only checkmark box in the Student Messaging row for an employee to view messages
- Select the Create checkmark box in the Student Messaging row for an employee to view and reply to messages in the Point of Care or web app
- Select the Delete checkmark box in the Student Messaging row for an employee to view, create and delete any messages in the Point of Care app and web application. (All messages including deleted may be viewed in the student messaging web application.)
- Select Save
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.