Creating a Manual Itemized Bill can be interpreted as a "point of sale" bill; where you can select specific transactions to appear on a bill that you can be exported into a PDF and printed to share with a family. This provides flexibility in what you provide to a parent asking for an ad hoc itemized bill.
When is it appropriate to create a Manual Bill?
Best use would be for when ending enrollment early, adding manual transactions - like a field trip, sunscreen, or any additional charge outside of automated billing cycle. Also sharing/viewing a bill without late fees.
*Please note that if this action is being taken to correct a bill that was generated by the system, the late payment fee must be waived on the system generated bill and any unsubmitted payments must have the amount updated or cancelled.
*The billing view featured in this article is a new experience and may look different than what you currently see in your Kangarootime environment. If you are interested in learning more about enabling this view, please contact Helpdesk@kangarootime.com.
How to Create a Manual Itemized Bill
- Click Families
- Click Accounts
- Click on the Account in which you would like to create a Manual Bill
- Click Billing
- Click Itemized Bills
- Click the + Create Manual Bill button
- The Billed Date will be today's date
- Select a Payment Due Date
- A Payment Late Date and Late Fee are optional, but highly recommended as the manual itemized bill will be considered the most recent bill with any forward balance included
- Select the transactions you would like to have appear on the bill
- Click Send Bill
- Kangarootime will build a new bill based on your specifications and the bill will become available via the Download PDF button
- The screen will present an option for you to select either the Detailed (bill will include every line item) or Summary (the bill will include categorized line items) - select the bill type that suits your needs best
- Click Download
- The bill will appear in your default PDF tool